Simple Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
This is a new favorite! This simple, healthy soup takes about 30 minutes to make and is equally satisfying served hot on a cozy fall day, or served cold in the summer!
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped white onion
4 cups chopped carrots
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cups chopped apple
1 tablespoon fresh peeled chopped ginger
14-ounce can coconut milk
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Za’atar for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the carrots, apple, broth, ginger; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
4. Puree with immersion blender or food processor, until very smooth.
5. Return the soup to the saucepan and stir in the coconut milk and pepper. Reheat the soup over medium heat until hot. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. Garnish with a small amount of za’atar.