It's spring and that means plant nurseries and local gardening organizations are buzzing with activity! Here is short list of a few upcoming events we recommend:
Saturday April 11th:
- Molbaks Nursery Edible Gardening Weekend | April 11& 12, 11am-2pm
Ready to jump into edible gardening but don’t know where to start? Join Molbaks for two days of expert advice, information-packed classes and savings good enough to eat!
As part of this event, Colin will be leading an edible garden design workshop on Saturday!
- 10-11am Edible Garden Design with Colin McCrate, Author of Food Grown Right, in Your Backyard, and Co-founder of Seattle Urban Farm Co.
- 11am-2pm Master Gardener Plant Clinic
- 11am-2pm Spring Recipe Tasting with Lisa Holman, MS and Selva Wohlgemuth, MS, Bastyr University Dietetic Interns
- 12-1pm Backyard Berries with Lisa Taylor, Author of the Maritime Northwest Garden Guide, and Your Farm in the City: An Urban Dweller’s Guide to Growing Food and Raising Animals
- The popular Rooftop Dinner Series hosted by Bastille Cafe & Bar returns this summer for weekly Monday night dinners on the Bastille rooftop garden! Guests can arrive at 5:30pm for a rooftop garden tour with Seattle Urban Farm Company. The tour begins in the bar with a Rooftop Garden inspired cocktail to sip while exploring the garden. Guests are seated for dinner under a cabana overlooking the ship canal at 6:30pm. Save the date - tickets go on sale April 8th. Check out their blog for full details, ticket info, and a sample menu.