1) Place bamboo poles in a triangular shape in your garden bed. Space poles about 2 feet apart and sink poles firmly in the ground. Gather the poles together about 1 foot from the top. Cut a 12 foot piece of twine. Tie one end of the twine around one pole.
2) Wrap the twine around all three poles 8 times, pulling the twine tight with each lap of the poles.
3 and 4) Wrap the twine around itself, crossing at least twice between each pole.
5) Tie the end of your ball of twine to one pole.
6) Wrap the twine around each pole until you make it back to the first knot.
7) Continue steps 5 and 6 every 10 inches until you reach the top.
8) Once all the horizontal twine rungs have been tied, fertilize around the base of the tri-pod.
9) Mix in fertilizer and transplant peas along the base of the trellis. Pea transplants should be spaced about 1 inch apart. Peas can also be seeded along the base if transplants are not available.
10) Water and your done!
Bonus: To build a pole bean-trellis, do steps 1-3. Seed 5-7 inoculated pole beans around each post. Thin to 3 plants around each pole once the seeds have germinated.